HOST A COMMUNITY SCREENING
Show Do No Harm: The Opioid Epidemic at community centers, campuses, educational institutions, libraries, places of worship, correctional facilities, museums and more. Here’s how to get started:
1. Consider how you and your organization would benefit from a screening event.
2. Determine who your target audience will be and how you will reach them.
3. Invite prospective co-hosts, sponsors, organizations and businesses in your community to support, collaborate, conduct outreach and share organizing tasks with you.
4. Select a date, a time and venue for your screening event.
5. Purchase a Public Performance License from Media Policy Center and receive a DVD of Do No Harm: The Opioid Epidemic within 2 weeks.
6. Promote your screening. Spread the word through your members, family and friends. Send eblasts and emails; post on social media; distribute flyers and posters; make phone calls and contact local media outlets. Share the film trailer.
7. Consider inviting speakers, key leaders and persons affected by the opioid epidemic to participate in a discussion or Q&A after the screening.
For more information or to discuss this process further contact: Kathleen@mediapolicycenter.org
We are happy to help!
HOST A SCREENING AT A MOVIE THEATER
Show Do No Harm: The Opioid Epidemic at a theater near you through our theatrical-on-demand distributor, Gathr. This is an excellent way to create fundraisers, membership drives and benefits or as feature at a workshop, seminar or conference.
DVDs of Do No Harm for home use only are available for purchase.
We also offer a series of 3 one-hour episodes of Do No Harm. For more information: